Vajra's Barolo Chinato is a time-honored digestif hailing from the heart of Piedmont. It is meticulously crafted using the current vintage of Barolo DOCG Albe, which makes up 85% of the blend. The remaining 15% is a careful selection of hydro-alcoholic extracts from aromatic and medicinal herbs. This process, known as "chinatura," involves infusing around thirty different herbs, plant rinds, and roots, including Cinchona Calisaya, giving the drink its distinctive name.
Each Barolo Chinato carries its own secret recipe, but some elements simply cannot be hidden. The dominant flavor of Barolo is complemented by the chosen herbs, prized for their digestive, decongestant, and relaxing properties. These herbs are generously sourced from the rich flora of the Alpine region that cradles Piedmont. The recipe is further enhanced with the zest of organic Sicilian oranges, a blend of spices, and a touch of brown sugar.
Unlike fortified wines, Barolo Chinato is a flavored wine. Its alcohol content and sweetness primarily stem from the herbal and spice infusions, along with the sugar added to the Barolo. It proudly bears the name "Barolo" as it adheres to the procedural guidelines of Barolo DOCG wines, a certification it acquires before the flavoring process begins.
The art of flavoring wine dates back to ancient Egypt, Persia, and Rome. The creation of Vermouth in Turin in the late 18th century was undoubtedly inspired by this tradition, and Barolo Chinato, in turn, took its cue from Vermouth. The genius of Barolo Chinato's creators, Dr. Cappellano and Dr. Zabaldano, was their innovative combination of a spice mix with the exceptional Barolo wine.
Barolo Chinato's unique blend results in a synergy of elements extracted through alcohol maceration. This process unveils active ingredients with a bitter taste that stimulates saliva and gastric juice production, aiding digestion. This quality makes Barolo Chinato not only an excellent digestif but also a delightful aperitif.
On tasting, you'll find an intense ruby red wine that exudes the characteristic freshness of Barolo. It weaves a complex tapestry of aromas, from roses and ripe cherries to fresh mountain herbs and orange zest. On the palate, it offers a harmonious balance of bitter and sweet flavors that linger. It is a perfect companion to dark chocolate or enjoyed on its own as a digestif. The wine boasts an alcohol content of 18%.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE TO ORDER WINE OR SPIRITS
Sip Responsibly. Moderation is not dangerous.
|Copyright © 2023 All rights reserved||Website Powered by WineFetch|